Represent the Cooperative in the promotion of Cooperative services and programs to members and employees by meeting with current or prospective members to establish or terminate electric service, assist with member inquiries or complaints, collect membership fees, deposits, and trip fees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Accept applications for new and/or existing electric service, collect membership fees, deposits, trip fees, and coordinate connects/disconnects.
2. Create Service Orders for new service, termination of service, meter changes, disconnection and reconnection for non-pay, and other service requests.
3. Assist with media relations, meeting planning, and other related events.
4. Provide assistance to members regarding energy use. Assist with identifying possible areas of energy usage and energy conservation.
5. Assist with group presentations on energy related topics to civic organizations and schools.
6. In addition to these responsibilities, may be assigned by the Member Services Manager to perform other duties from time to time.
High school diploma or equivalency is required. Associate degree in office management, business administration, secretarial administration, or related field preferred.
Minimum 2 years customer relations experience required.
Continuing education in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and databases preferred. Continuing education in Microsoft Office software applications preferred.
Abilities and Skills:
1. Must be able to communicate in English, both in written and oral forms with the general public, vendors, and co-workers.
2. Must be able to lift/move 25 pounds or more, as necessary without external assistance of personnel or mechanical aids.
3. Must possess excellent computer skills with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
4. Must be well organized, personable, and able to exercise discretion and use sound judgment in dealing with people and confidential information.
5. Must possess a valid Texas Drivers License with a good driving record.
6. Bilingual (Spanish) abilities are preferred.
This position requires working most of the time inside an office building with the usual office conditions. This position requires repetitive motions and manual dexterity for duties such as dialing and keyboarding. The individual must be able to use office equipment such as a copier, facsimile, calculator, computer, and printer. This position requires the individual to conduct research, prepare, analyze, and present data and reports, and coordinate resources. The individual must be able to present information to others and work with deadlines.